Thursday, July 8, 2010

as if I knew what I was talking about...


I'm not much of a television watcher any longer so I may be coming late to this. we were watching one of the local news stations for the weather and traffic and as if to prove my assertion yesterday of the ubiquitousness of the internet, and to provide examples of how not to integrate into other media, 4 of the 5 local stations in the space of 5 minutes did features in which they placed a full-screen shot of a website--facebook, youtube, cnn headline news, and tmz--and either played what was on it or simply read it aloud. the only one we get which didn't was an affiliate even further out on the rim than we are, and my endorsement of their not doing the same thing must be tempered by my sneaking suspicion that they simply don't have the technology yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment