Saturday, January 14, 2017

To say "That's wrong" out loud

It would be easy, I've come to realize, and I admit it might be better for my mental health, to take the tack I followed most of the time during previous republican presidential administrations: That is, to curl into myself like a fern and focus primarily on my own development, occasionally glancing up to wrinkle my nose at the nasty smell coming from DC or even saying "That's wrong" aloud. But I am too involved now with humanity, with its take and give, its weight and physicality, and with people who, under the policies Trump espoused during his campaign, will be hurt to sit home reading up on economics and etymology. I love the individuals of America more than I used to think, and when I hear them cry I can't ignore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment